VOSIEDA is a network of volunteers working in Liberia and West Africa’s Mano River Union Basin region to promote prosperity, reduce extreme poverty, and enhance stability. We are looking for people that are passionate about helping others and resourceful, results-driven, and knowing our values. If you want to be part of our team – a powerful place to pursue a career that saves lives – we want to meet you.
Check our open opportunities below
This position is open until filled
We are seeking a candidate who enjoys working with women and youths to attain socioeconomic security through increased access to social protection, economic and financial resources and services in Liberia and the Mano River Basin of West Africa. A candidate that will promote women and youth entrepreneurs as leaders in trade, energy and extractive industries within both domestic, regional and international markets in Liberia and the Mano River Basin of West Africa.
The Programme Coordinator for our Women and Youths’ Socioeconomic Empowerment plays a critical role in ensuring that that VOSIEDA addresses structural, systemic and policy-related bottlenecks to youth and women’s socioeconomic empowerment and leadership in Liberia and the Mano River Basin of West Africa. This candidate must work to upscale women and youths’ socioeconomic empowerment approach that builds positive gender relations at household, community and societal levels in Liberia and the Mano River Basin of West Africa. Finally this position require a candidate that will establish platforms for knowledge and experience-sharing on innovations and women’s socioeconomic rights in Liberia and the Mano River Basin of West Africa.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Technical advisory support on program management of youth and women’s socioeconomic empowerment.
- Program planning, results-based reporting, monitoring and evaluation, including in relation to interagency coordination on planning, reporting and monitoring processes.
- Knowledge management and communications as well as partnership development and resource mobilization.
- Staff management and capacity development.
- Establish, maintain and expand partnerships and alliances with various strategic partners from development organizations, private sector and civil society to ensure active participation and promotion of the Women and Youth’s Economic Empowerment Program
- Provide technical support directly or through the provision of experts to the program partners implementing the women and youth’s socioeconomic empowerment program.
- Provide oversight and coordination of the youth and women’s socioeconomic empowerment program activities.
- Ensure the development/duplication, integration and application of gender sensitive tools to all Program activities.
- Ensure individual project interventions are developed within the overall program document contributing to the achievements of both the immediate and overall youth and women’s socioeconomic empowerment plan.
- Manage the youth and women’s socioeconomic empowerment portfolio for on-going and future Programs.
- Ensure overall program and individual work plans and budgets are developed and implementation modalities agreed upon.
- Initiate and lead capacity building programs for youth and women’s socioeconomic empowerment partners.
- Oversee, monitor and assure quality control in the implementation of the women’s socioeconomic empowerment program.
- Supervise and assess work in progress to ensure compliance and delivery of high-quality results and achievements of overall Program objectives. This will include financial management, provision of overall guidance and problem solving, and identifying and utilization of lessons learned and best practices to ensure consistently improved Programing.
- Ensure that program reviews are undertaken, and all reporting requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Represent VOSIEDA in the CSOs working groups on economic growth and environment and provide substantive inputs in the development of the annual work plans and regular reports of these groups.
- Collect, and share best practices and lessons learned from the programs and in particularly on gender equality and women’s socioeconomic empowerment strategies for the purpose of scale-up and replication.
- Lead in the development and implementation of the communications strategy in line with the VOSIEDA corporate communications guidelines that promotes the Youth and Women’s Economic Empowerment Program.
- Ensure effective documentation of best practices and the lessons learnt.
- Produce knowledge products based on the implementation experiences and interactions with various stakeholders and players.
- Liaise with other program of VOSIEDA on the identification and showcasing of good practices on promoting women’s economic empowerment.
- Provide inputs in knowledge products and communication materials on issues related to Women and youth socioeconomic empowerment coordinated by the relevant Program Working Groups, Resident Coordinator’s Office and the UN Communication Group.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with various stakeholders at regional, national and local levels, for delivery of the Women and youth socioeconomic empowerment.
- Identify and follow-up opportunities for resource mobilization for youths and women’s socioeconomic empowerment.
- Manage activities and other promotional events to engage bilateral and multilateral institutions/donors, private sector and civil society to expand and/or sustain interest and resources for the women’s economic empowerment.
- Represent VOSIEDA and provide technical inputs in CSOs discussions on the Youth Employment Program and other relevant resource mobilization efforts.
- Identify and follow up opportunities for partnerships with development partners on issues related to women’s socioeconomic empowerment.
- Develop fundraising plan, prepare funding proposals and identify funding opportunities with partners and donors in collaboration with the Team Leader, and other staff and Board.
- Review refine and compile proposals on a quarterly basis for approval; align individual projects with the strategic plan, national, and international plans and policies.
- Works with the Team Leader to identify donors and present proposals.
- Provides recommendations in negotiation of program MOUs and agreements with donors and partners.
- Work as lead program specialist to set up women and youth empowerment center at VOSIEDA and train other technicians.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications in gender or relevant discipline and at least two years of programming experience in a nonprofit gender or youth program administration.
- Substantive experience and record of accomplishment in the area of gender equality and women’s socioeconomic empowerment.
- Ability to conceptualize and convey strategic vision from the spectrum of development to experience.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, program development and implementation, results-based management and reporting.
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets, manage contributions and investments, manage transactions, conduct financial analysis, reporting and cost control.
- Ability to fully assist in formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development Programs and projects.
- Ability to substantially support strategic planning, results-based management and reporting.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice.
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills.
- Focuses on impact and result for the partners and responds positively to feedback.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong partnership and resource mobilization.
- Demonstrated negotiating, cultural sensitivity and diplomatic skills.
- Well-developed people management skills.
- Provides information, tools, resources to support work achievement.
- Effectiveness orientation and pro-activity.
- Ability to leverage information technology, executive information systems, management techniques and tools for optimal office performance.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Please complete and submit a cover letter describing your interest and talents for this position and include a detailed resume that speaks to the qualifications listed above. Kindly submit your materials including valid copies of your credentials by email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is in addition to filling the forms below. Upon application, you will receive an acknowledgment email and an invitation to complete an anonymous four-question survey to help us track and analyze our ability to attract a diverse pool of candidates.
Kindly note that we do not accept telephone calls in our recruitment process and only successful candidates will be notify for interview.